SocialQ is an emerging NYC-based digital marketing agency that specializes in growing digital brands, social media content, and paid media buying and strategy.
At SocialQ we stand for branding, presence and reach that resonates; because a higher level of empathy, focus and social cues is now required to find the point of resonance between brands and audiences. We operate as an in-house team with the ultimate goal to shine through crowded newsfeeds and support our clients in being part of the 40% of daily content that gets acknowledged. If you are an out of the box thinker who values the opportunity to work at a small boutique agency and can overcome related challenges, come join us!
More info: www.SocialQ.us / IG: @SocialQagency
SocialQ is looking for a Senior Social Media Manager who will be responsible for strategy, execution, and reporting across all organic Social Media Channels (FB, IG, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) for our clients.
This person will manage, nurture, and inspire junior Social team members to help raise the creativity and impact of their strategy, content, and proactive community management. They will coordinate closely with our Media team to ensure a strong connection between organic social and paid media tactics for increasing reach, engagement, followers and any other client objectives. They will also oversee management and activation of influencer and creator channels and optimize their performance across our client portfolio. A strong creative eye, passion for creating and implementing social-first content, and ability to manage one’s own projects as well as inspire a small team of social media managers and intern(s) will be key to this role. This position is full-time and paid, with a salary commensurate with experience. Check out @SocialQAgency on Instagram to find out more about our brand and services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading the creative ideation and development of best-in-class organic and paid social media strategy for our clients across all relevant social media platforms (Meta, TikTok, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
- Staying up-to-date and in the know on all things social, including trending topics, emerging platforms, algorithm changes, etc.
- Suggesting and implementing new tactics to develop brand awareness, like influencer activations, social-only promotions and brand partner giveaways.
- Work in partnership with the Creative team to develop engaging, interactive, and informative social media content, taking a lead role in concepting and elevating the creativity, while managing junior team members collaboration with Creative.
- Managing the junior team members – Social Media Manager and Social Media Community Manager – on ideating, creating, and publishing monthly social media content calendars managed through Airtable.
- Support and nurture junior team members communication of updates with clients, also keeping important internal team members – Delivery, Media, Creative – in the loop.
- Collaborating with the Strategy Lead to continuously update and optimize the social media strategy to ensure our clients and campaigns meet their digital growth goals.
- Creating a repeatable process flow for the development, approval, and execution of content with the Social and Content teams.
- Assisting in the creation of presentations, strategies, and performance recap decks, including being able to explain performance and give context to numbers as well as recommended optimizations.
- Be responsible for out-of-the-box thinking on partnerships, content executions, and other ideas to reach and exceed our clients’ goals. Have a strong understanding of the bigger picture marketing opportunities.
- Track performance and metrics across social media platforms leveraging Sprout Social and staying up to speed with junior team members, to be able to inform various internal teams of content performance.
- Work in partnership with Social Media Community Manager to create and execute comprehensive influencer marketing strategies on an ongoing basis, keeping Delivery team and Clients informed.
- Lead the talent sourcing, outreach, negotiation, and onboarding of various Clients’ influencers and creators leveraging existing partnerships at SocialQ’s disposal, ensuring we stay on budget and on time.
- Support Social Media Community Manager in establishing and maintain long-term relationships with key influencers and serving as the point of contact.
- Grow our Client’s following and engagement through proactive partnership outreach, management, and activation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Minimum 4-6 years of direct social media experience, preferably in an agency or digital startup setting
- Experience managing a small but mighty Social team
- Skilled user of social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Experience with social media analytics software such as Sprout Social and Dash Hudson
- Able to track and leverage KPIs, while understanding the rapidly changing social media landscape
- Experience with and understanding of post promotion and paid media strategy for increasing reach, engagement, and followers
- Experience with project management tools such as Airtable
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Snappy copywriting skills that keep on trend and take into account what performs
- Able to create fun content that incites conversation
- Highly analytical, motivated, and decisive thought leader with excellent managerial skills across internal project tasks, team members / direct reports, and external client communications.
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly and put ideas into action
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Skilled with Photoshop, Premiere or AfterEffects, social media products and schedulers, gifs and memes
- Editing experience is a plus
- An eye for detail and able to provide objective feedback
- Ability to excel and grow in a small boutique agency environment
If you are all the above (ish), highly motivated and entrepreneur at heart, reach out!